Green Certification Associate
3 year experience with energy modeling, HERS rating, Energy Star Version 3, Enterprise Green Communities, and Ekotrope.
5+ years experience with multifamily energy modeling prefered.
Green Coast Enterprises seeks exceptional staff members to support the implementation of projects that meet the company’s triple bottom line standards. The Green Certification Associate is responsible for maintaining client relationships, delivering projects on time and budget, managing the team on a variety of projects, and helping the management team develop a business model for the certification business. The Green Certification Associate supports the Construction Management team, providing energy modeling, construction site visits, green certification guidance, contractor engagement, and owner education.
- Managing delivery of projects through all phases to completion.
- Engaging with clients and maintaining long term relationships.
- Managing budgets and timelines.
- Overseeing certification of projects under appropriate green building standards including Enterprise Green Communities, LEED, BPI and HERS.
- Conducting site visits on construction sites.
- Managing contractors and identifying problems on sites.
- Reporting to management on status of projects.
- Engaging other staff on projects where appropriate and managing their work.
- Managing the maintenance of the certification of Green Coast staff
- Identifying and planning the achievement of new certifications for staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field and 5 or more years of related work experience
- 5 year experience in energy modeling, construction management, architecture, green building or related field.
- HERS Rater Certification
- Energy Star Version 3 certification
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work successfully with limited direct supervision.
- An orientation towards meeting goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and teamwork skills, and the ability to collaborate with different levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Strong computer skills, including: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, internet research, and Adobe Suite.
- Preference given to candidates with a Masters Degree
- Energy Star V3 for Multifamily Certification
- Earth Craft Certification
- Understanding of energy efficiency technologies and energy-saving solutions
- Previous experience working with Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- Experience interacting with diverse populations and demographic groups
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
Please email a resume and cover letter to Jackie Dadakis, firstname.lastname@example.org